Monday, June 04, 2007

Close to You (some more dog wisdom)

"Just like me, they long to be . . ." Can hear the Carpenters? Then I guess this dates you too.

Snuffles loves to be wherever we are. If we are sitting on the couch in the living room, she will either be on or under our feet. If we get up to get something in the kitchen, she will follow. As I am writing this on the computer, she is sleeping on "her" ottoman behind me. So, of course, when we leave, she misses us. If we leave anything personal in the kitchen where she stays when we are gone (and I mean ANYTHING: socks, a shoe, a scarf or handkerchief), we can be assured that we will return to find her laying on it - just to be close to us. (This is Sean's sportsbag she's laying on).

Nice thought when you translate this into our relationship with God. Wanting to be so close to Him that we spend all of our time with Him - wherever He may be, or what He may be doing (or wanting us to do). Another one of those links that my mind makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment