Monday, April 13, 2009

Wim's birth


Wim's birth
Originally uploaded by sraabs.
Sunday morning, just before our services began, Wim came up to me and asked if he could ask a question. "I want to be baptized." I asked him when he might want to do that and he anwered - "As soon as possible."

So after some calling around (my French is not very good, but somehow Jozef in Liege understood what I needed), we were able to get things set up at the church in Liege. What a wonderful relationship we have with this church family!

Dutch, Italian, French, German, English - they were all present. God knows all the languages and hearts. Wim was only interested in giving his life into Jesus' hands. So good to see his trust and desire. Praise God for this new "baby"!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 PM

    Hi Scott,
    I was just trying to get caught up with what you guys are doing and saw the item about Wim. That's great news!
    I missed something though. Why did you have to go to Liege? I thought I had seen pictures of you baptizing people in Maastricht, but maybe they were taken somewhere else.
    David Cron

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have always (almost) gone to Liege to baptize people. For one thing, they have a baptistry. For another, it encourages both congrgations and builds a bond.
    We have baptized a few in a lake nearby, in a bathtub (in the middle of the night), down at camp in the creek, and most recently at the church building of the congregation in Genk (but they were busy when Wim wanted to be baptized).
    I bought a swimming pool so that we could do it in our backyard if the weather permits, but so far people seem to choose to put Christ on when it is colder (He keeps us warm as well?) :-)
    Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete