Sunday, October 01, 2006

Who is this Jesus?

As I have mentioned in our newsletters I am blessed to be able to take part in a weekly Bible study with international students from the university here in Maastricht. It is always interesting and exciting to meet people from different countries and to see people who want to know more about Jesus. The university here has tried in the last few years to increase its international group and China has been more than willing to send students. Most are post-graduate students studying medicine, economics or law and government.

Recently I met LJ from China at one of these Bible studies. She asked if we could meet regularly so that she can understand more about christianity. We have met twice and it has been exciting to see her desire to know more and her openness to understand. She says that she believes that God exists, but doesn’t really undersatand christianity. So we are reading the Bible together, on a journey of discovery.

Sometimes LJ says she has a stupid question. She says, “I don’t know about these things, so this may be a stupid question.” But her questions are the questions we all ask and all should ask as we discover who God is and how we can develop a relationship with Him. We will be reading the gospel of John and discussing any questions at all that she has along the way. I am so thankful for her desire to know more and for this opportunity. Keep LJ and me in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:50 PM

    I'm so glad that you've been able to continue with the international studies. I will definately keep you and LJ in my prayers!!

    Love you guys lots!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete